Wednesday, July 11, 2012

We are moving

Okay...so I have a confession. I re-started to blog because Doug got orders to Ramstein Air Base, Germany. Although it is logistically going to be a nightmare, I couldn't be more excited! As it stands right now Doug will return from his year deployment in Afghanistan by New Year's and has to report to Ramstein by the end of February. However, Dougie will be a senior and the boys and I will stay here in NC until he graduates. Depending on Dougie's college situation I don't know when Cameron and I will be joining Doug.

Great assignment, crappy timing!! 

The idea of being apart from Doug again sucks, but I take comfort in the fact that we can hop on a plane and go see him or vice versa. We have fingers and toes crossed that his request for delayed reporting gets approved!

 I know some of you are chuckling at me for that comment...how dare I ask the military to empathize for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment