Saturday, September 8, 2012

Checking In

My life feels very "in limbo" right now. I have been very busy but with nothing exciting. It seems all I do is just countdown the days until Doug gets here for his R&R (by the way is 20 days, give or take a day).  I should do a better job of posting and I promise to TRY and do better.

Last weekend the boys and I drove to our favorite beach, Onslow. The reason why we love it so much is because it is on a Marine base, Camp Lejune, and we don't have to deal with tourists and crowds. Over the summer my cousin Joe, who is a Marine, relocated there. So, we spent a night with him and his family which was great. I can't tell you how nice it is just knowing family is only 2 hours away! I had a good time talking, catching up, and reminiscing about when we were children living in North Dakota. You know...the Good Ole' Days!

Douglas had a rough week. He dislocated his thumb during football practice. Thankfully he did not fracture it, but still is out for a while. Hopefully he will be cleared to play after his follow-up appointment Thursday with his doctor.


Douglas and I also got to preview his senior pictures this week on his photographers blog page. Click HERE to go check them out. I'm excited to see them all later this week.

Cameron started football practice this week. I'm telling you, between the two boys this is always the most stressful time of year but I sure do enjoy watching my boys out on the field. I will work on getting some pictures of them in their football gear.


No comments:

Post a Comment