Monday, May 13, 2013

Season of Change


As our move to Germany approaches, to say I feel unprepared is an understatement. I keep adding things to our to-do list without ever marking anything off. I need a couple of house fairies to appear and help me! I was going to work until the end of May, but forgot I had to ship our vehicle. Logistically there is no way for me to work with only one car between Doug and myself. This will also give me 2 weeks to get the house in order before the movers come the first week of June.  I have to split everything up as there are 3 different movers coming. One will be for storage items, such as our washer, dryer, and fridge that we can’t take with us and will be stored here in the States during our time overseas. The second set of movers will be for unaccompanied baggage. This is for things we need to live our daily lives, such as basic kitchen items and clothing. This shipment gets there relatively fast. The last shipment is our household goods which includes everything else and will take 2 months.

So, the movers will be at our house the first week of June. That weekend Douglas will be graduating from high school and that following Wednesday Doug will start flying to Germany and the boys and I will be going to South Dakota. Douglas has been accepted into the Summer Bridge program for freshman at SDSU and will begin classes on July 22nd. Cameron and I will then start traveling to Germany in early August.

My main goal for this week is to get my car shampooed before I ship it out. It is 6 years old and has hauled many stinky, sweaty boys and has never been shampooed before. It will sit on a ship, in a metal storage container for 6 weeks while it goes across the Atlantic and I don’t want anything to grow in there during that time. Is that gross or what?!?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment