Monday, May 27, 2013

New Bern, NC and Ocracoke Lighthouse

2009 was our first summer in North Carolina. The first time we went out to explore the coast we saw Cape Lookout Lighthouse and I thought it was so cool. At that time I made a goal of seeing every lighthouse in NC and I can say after 4 years, I finally have. On Saturday we spent the day in New Bern, NC. They have a neat historical downtown that is located right on the water. We spent the afternoon walking around and checking out the scenery. Cameron is the only Pepsi drinker in our house and thought it was so neat that New Bern was the birthplace of Pepsi. Yesterday we then made our way to Ocracoke Island to see Ocracoke Lighthouse. It is a 2 1/2 hour ferry ride to the island. Once we made it to the island we saw the lighthouse, ate a yummy lunch, shopped, and took in the scenery. The Island itself was a little too busy and touristy for my taste. Growing up in a tourist town, I don't like vacationing in these kind of spots. Give me peace and quiet any day!



Cam in front of Bradham Pharmacy where Pepsi was invented



My fellas in front of Ocracoke Lighthouse

Cam enjoying his crab legs

Look at this pretty lady! 



No comments:

Post a Comment