Thursday, June 6, 2013

Homeless...

First, let me explain the process of our military move to Germany. There are three shipments we are allowed. First is household goods (HHG) which is the bulk of the move. This shipment gets put on a ship and makes the long trek across the Atlantic Ocean. Second, is unaccompanied baggage. These are items you don't want to travel with but need to have around, such as extra clothing and handy housewares and are put on a plane to Germany. Last, there is storage which will sit here in the states until we move back and include our washer, dryer, and our extra fridge. 

We had reserved our dates of when the movers were to come. On Monday we were expecting the unaccompanied baggage movers, however the HHG movers came instead. To say I was unprepared is an understatement! I was planning on packing our suitcases Monday after the movers left. I had NOTHING packed. After a little (okay, maybe huge) meltdown I kicked it into gear and went through each room of the house one room at a time grabbing what I needed and then allowing the packers to come in and pack up the room after me. It worked out, but I think I aged 5 years in the process. 

We are currently staying in temporary lodging on Ft. Bragg until we leave North Carolina next Thursday. I still have a full schedule as relatives have come into town for Douglas's graduation this weekend. But, the physical packing and moving our household items are done. 


It's always comfortable when they pack your furniture

My wall of boxes in the kitchen

Living Room

Our dinner among the boxes. Cam is thrilled, right?!

This is Tuesday loading up the crates on the truck


No comments:

Post a Comment