Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FIrst Day of School...


Monday was the first day of school for Cameron. He is now a 6th grader at Ramstein Middle School...GO RAMS! Surprisingly he was pretty calm in the days leading up to the first day. If you know Cam, you know he has anxiety. On Monday the school had the parents go with their child in the morning. During this time they did a dry run of the daily schedule with all 7 periods only lasting 10 minutes. This gave Cam and I the opportunity to find his classes together. Excellent idea! And since he has been playing football already, he ran into some of his teammates in the hall and in the classroom. I felt good leaving Cam that morning as he was in smiles.

Then I had a big goof.....

I forgot to tell Cam what bus stop was his. We didn't take it in the morning, so Cam didn't know what it looked like. So once the bus started to go he just stayed on and with every stop he got more scared. He kept looking for me at every stop but I wasn't there.

So...during this time. I am walking to what I think is the bus stop. Mind you, I only looked it up on the map and never went to physically find it. It was just up the road 2 blocks and on the right. By the way, German blocks are like 3 times larger than American blocks, just saying. Needless to say, I got lost. I knew the name of the street and 2 blocks up wasn't that street. So, I start to walk around looking for a group of parents standing somewhere. Finally, just one more block up was his bus stop. I was literally 30 seconds late.

By the time I got to Cam he took one look at me and just broke down crying. Poor kid was so scared because he knew this was the last stop and he had NO IDEA where he was at. Yep, take back my Mom of the Year award. I felt like the biggest piece of crap ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment