Saturday, August 10, 2013

We made it...


Cameron and I made to it Germany safe and sound Tuesday afternoon (early Tuesday morning stateside). Our travels were pretty uneventful as all our flights went smoothly. Cameron did have a little meltdown right when we were boarding our plane in Baltimore to head to Ramstein. He was so tired, as this flight was at 11:30pm and our first flight of the day was 6:45am, he starting crying and freaking out saying he didn’t want to go. Poor little guy. He finally calmed down and we boarded then his tears turned into slumber for the next 7 hours of the flight, thank goodness! Once he saw his Daddy at the passenger terminal he was all better. He is such a Daddy’s boy.

Since Tuesday we haven’t been doing a whole lot except cleaning the house. It was (still is, but my body is super sore) very dirty! The house we are in is a very traditional German house, lots of rooms, no closets to speak of, and a VERY tiny kitchen. I nearly cried when I saw it. We did manage to make a trip to IKEA, which is about an hour away. I can’t go anywhere by myself yet as I do not have a German driver’s license. I will take the test soon, but I am putting it off because the driving scares the crap out of me. First of all, the streets are tiny here and people just whiz in and out of them. Second, every intersection seems to be a roundabout. Last, no matter how much I pay attention I cannot get my bearings as to where we are and I have a pretty keen sense of direction.

On August 20th, the movers will be delivering our stuff. The loaner furniture we have is just as comfortable as concrete so it will be a good day. I have been taking pictures with my cell phone, but it isn’t set correctly so I can’t get the pictures off of it yet. Speaking of cell phones, I got another iPhone so for those of you who have an Apple device send me your number or Apple ID and we can text for free. Also, once we get our household stuff I will be better at updating. We have internet but forgot to bring one of our wireless routers with us. So, we are stuck to plugging into the computer the old fashion way and I am just not very good about getting on with it. Pretty pathetic, huh?! Once we get our household items too we will work on getting a stateside number so everyone can call us. So stay tuned…pictures and more updates to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment