Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Highlights...


At this moment, Cam and I are sitting in the Baltimore airport waiting for our flight to Germany. I can’t believe this day is here. It’s bittersweet. I’m sad that Dougie isn’t here with us and it will be a few years before we get stateside again. But I am anxious to get settled in our new home, explore Europe and establish our new “normal”. I had a great summer though. Here are just some highlights:

  • Seeing Dougie graduate from high school and celebrating with tons of family in Rapid City. It is always SO GOOD to see extended family, as I don’t get to see them as much as I like.
  • Spending time with my nieces, Lilly and Ella. They are just growing up too fast. Next time I visit I will have a nephew to add to the mix. That will be interesting to see them with a little boy in the house.
  • Taking Dougie to college. Even though it was an emotionally tough experience, I am so excited for Dougie.
  • Hanging out and re-connecting with my old girlfriends.
  • Going to Denver with my friend Margo to see some concerts.


·       This summer has just gone by too fast, but now I have new adventures to be had…

No comments:

Post a Comment